Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Gotcha Baby!

Cool Dude!

It has been a year since Gus officially, legally, became Lil' Stape!  I can't believe how quickly a year went by.  It seemed like it took so long for his adoption to become final.  I remember sitting in my office at school when I got the voicemail telling me that the agency had received word that it was final.  I could barely breathe, I was sobbing so hard.  We had been through a lot and this meant that all of my worries were gone.  I immediately felt a sense of relief.  The waiting was over.  He had our last name now.  Our names were finally on his birth certificate as the parents.  We could finally move on how and not thinking about the adoption process for a while.  I think that I sobbed most of the day after that.  I am the luckiest girl!!

I gotcha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...