Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fun Times and Breaking News

I have had so much fun this week.  Now that we are in full swing of the school year, I am finally starting to get back in my groove.  It is a little strange because I am not teaching full time this year.  I am counseling for the first half of the day and teaching only 2 hours at the end of the day.  It is a little bit awkward and I feel like I am being pulled in many different directions, but at the same time, it is the best of both worlds.  I get to counsel and teach!!

Unfortunately, Gus has been having a rough week with some teeth coming in so I am sure he has kept his babysitters busy while he is there during the day.  (Once again, THANK YOU Stephanie and Miranda!!)  On the upside, we finally found a second type of sippy cup that Gus will use.  WHEW!!  The other ones that he would use are really hard to find.  I am so happy to have FINALLY found another one suitable to my little picky one.  And speaking of picky...at what age do kids learn how to pick their own noses?  Gus has come down with a cold this weekend and I really hate having to pick his boogers.  But he doesn't know how, so what's a mom to do other than pick her baby's boogies? And thank goodness for Boogie Wipes!  If you haven't tried them for your kids, I highly recommend them!  (I wonder if I can buy stock in them?  That's how much I love them!)

Gus and I also had the opportunity this week to make a quick trip to West Michigan.  (I miss that place more and more.)  We literally went for less than 24 hours this time.  We got there on Thursday evening and my mom watched Gus while I went out to dinner with my friend, Tiffany.  I love getting a chance to catch up with her.  We don't get to see each other very often but when we do, we pick up right where we left off.  I love friendships like that!  The next morning Gus and I finally got to go to the 2010 Blogger Bash put on by Sassy Baby Co.  Oh baby!!  It was so fun!!  Stay tuned because I am going to tell you ALL about it.  But in addition to all the fun that we had, I got to see my friend, Stacy from college.  It was great to see her.  I am so impressed by her and the blog that she writes.  Maybe someday, when I grow up, I will be like her and have a great blog.  So stay tuned to hear about all of the fun that Gus and I had at the Blogger Bash.

AND IN BREAKING NEWS....
Brace yourself.  The link to our blog has changed.  This is a big step in our blogging life.  We originally started this blog as a way for friends and family to go and keep up to date on our adoption process.  (I was getting really tired of hearing, "have you heard anything yet?".  "Umm...no.  I'm pretty sure the whole world will know when we hear something.)  So instead of having uncomfortable conversations about the adoption, we started the blog.  And then it became a place for our family to chronicle our life together.  Recently it has opened up some opportunities that I never knew were possible.  There are a few adoption sites that have our blog listed on their site which have led some people to us.  We have been asked questions by people thinking about adoption but want a real life perspective.  And the coolest by far is the invitation I received to the Blogger Bash with Sassy.  I will always keep this blog as one for our family.  I don't do this as a career or any other monetary gain.  I do this for us.  I do this as a way to get some thoughts out.  But if I have a chance to help others, especially in adoption, then I am ALL for it!!  So a few things will be changing but the important things will remain...our family being the center of that.  But in case you have us bookmarked, you are going to want to change the link.  We can now be found at http://www.stapeshouse.com/.  Okay...how cool is that?!?  Really excited about that.  Please stay tuned.  I am sure that there will be a lot of really fun things coming at Stape's House!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...