Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day Back

Today was our first day back to school.  I love the first day.  All the hustle and bustle in the hallways, you can feel the anxiety hanging in the air as the new freshmen wander down the halls, new groups of kids who do not know me yet, old groups of kids who feel too comfortable with me and feel like they can get away with anything, a fresh start for everyone...I love everything about it.

Today was a fresh start for me as well.  I started in my new position as part time counselor/part time teacher.  It was perfect!  It was the best of both worlds.  I was a little apprehensive about starting as counselor.  It is a lot of pressure.  By not putting a kid into the right class, you can actually screw up their chances of graduating on time.  That is pretty heavy!  Luckily for them, I didn't have to make any earth shattering decisions today that would affect graduation.

Gus also had a new day today.  He started to go to Miranda's house today.  He will go there every Tuesday and Thursday this school year.  He gets to play with Miranda's nephew, Brodie.  It appears from the pictures I had sent to me, these boys are having a little too much fun.  And according to Miranda's Facebook post, the boys kept her on her toes!! 

So day one with Gus and Bro! Gus needs a nap, we take him up to Bros crib. Bro wants to lay in the floor and take nap too!I then have to trick Bro to get him to come out of the room.Then Bro gets pen marks on the couch.Gus throws a sprite in the toilet, discovered when Bro has to go potty!I then take two steps out of t...he bathroom to throw away his diaper to return to Bro getting his turd out of the toilet DISGUSTING! (From Miranda's Facebook status)

Thanks, Miranda, for loving our little boy!!  And for sending me the pictures today!!  Check it out!!   http://www.stapeshouse365.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...