Friday, July 2, 2010

Jealousy and Selfishness

As a member of Facebook, I have been fortunate to share in many pictures of the joys in the lives of my friends.  There have been quite a few babies born recently and a lot of people put up those initial hospital pictures for everyone to see on facebook.  It gets me every time that grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc are at the hospital to share in this joyful time.  We weren't able to have anyone else come to the hospital due to the sensitivity of adoption.  So it was just the three of us.  I would have loved to be surrounded by our family and friends so that we could all share in the joy of Gus' birth. 

But then I realize that it doesn't really matter.  We had plenty of celebrations once he came home.  Not only that, but I was kind of selfish.  I wanted him all to ourselves.  We got three solid days as just our little family.  We could bond with him and cuddle with him and not feel like we had to share him.  (Okay, Joel did make me share with him. :) I would have held Gus the entire time if he didn't.) 

So when it boils down to it, whenever I have a little jealousy rising in my heart when looking at others pictures, I remember that it is okay to be a little selfish and to cherish those first quiet days as just our little family.  Those were beautiful days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...