Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ooo-la-la

Every time we have a break from school I have a new obsession.  Usually these obsessions include Sudoku, logic puzzles, making baby hair bows, making jewelry, making sparkly flip flops, the list goes on.  It seems that this summer I am obsessed with blogs.  Not only our own family blog, but everyone else's blogs.  I sit and read blogs late into the evening after Gus is in bed.  I stay up far past my bed time.  But hey--it's summertime...I can stay up as late as I want!  I love reading the different ways that people write.  Some are very proper in their writing and some are very casual.  It is almost as if some of them are just sitting next to me telling me a story.

I also love the multitude of topics that are discussed.  Today alone I read an announcement about a new pregnancy, the poop struggles of a three-year-old cancer patient, a family vacation, an adoption struggle, swim lessons and much more.  So many different things going on out there with the bloggers that I follow.

There are so many different designs that people use.  Some people use a very straight forward, simple design and color palette.  Others go a little crazy.  Much like the new look of our blog.  So I got a little sassy with it...I like it.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE polka dots.  I mean LOVE!! It is just one more of my obsessions.  My cheerleaders always make comments like, "of course...coach always has polka dots" or "of course our hairbows have polka dots...coach picked them."  Like I said...obsessed.  So it only makes sense that I would put polka dots here!

WOW! It's already after 10 pm...I have a lot of blogs to read yet tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...