Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours!

I am a firm believer that timing is everything...and the most stressful situations usually happen to me during a week when I have NO TIME! I am sure that this is God's way of telling me to slow down.  This week is spirit week at school which for me means one of the craziest times of the year for me.  In addition, we have parent teacher conferences and I have two cheer meets.  Did I mention that Sarah, who watches Gus during the day, and her two kids all got the flu?  And our two back-up sitters weren't available so Joel and I have been having to switch off and on for who was going to go to work and who was staying home with Gus.  I am exhausted and it is only Wednesday.  On top of all of this...Gus is sick.  :(

Gus started to come down with what we thought was cold last week.  As the week progressed, we noticed that it was getting worse.  He would cough so hard that he would choke, he was constantly wheezing, he would wake himself (and Daddy) with his coughing and he would cry so it increased the coughing and he would cry harder.  So Joel took the day off work on Monday and took Gus to the doctor.  Turns out, Gus has bronchiolitis.  Mayo Clinic says that, "Bronchiolitis occurs when a virus enters the respiratory system and makes its way to the bronchioles, causing them to become inflamed and swollen. As a result, mucus often collects in these airways, which can make it difficult for air to flow freely through your lungs."  I learned that bronchiolitis is common in kids between the ages of 3 to 9 months...check.  It is also common among non-breastfed babies...check.  It is more common for boys to have it than girls...check. All three of those describe Gus.  The doctor gave Gus a breathing treatment at the office and prescribed antibiotics and steroids.  We go back on Monday for follow up.  I hope it goes away soon because I hate seeing him cough so hard.  Luckily, it is not keeping him down...
 
Does this kid look sick to you?!?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...