Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One year anniversary

It totally slipped my mind!  Last week was my one year anniversary of blogging!  How could one possibly forget something like that?  HA!!  It was a year ago that we decided to help pass the time of waiting to adopt by starting a blog.  We thought it would be a great way to not only pass the time but a way to keep family updated.  It wasn't long before we got THE CALL!!  After that we began to blog about our baby Spike.

Today was a big day for us.  Today we had our LAST meeting with our social worker, Louise.  She was here to check on Gus and to have us sign our final petition to the court.  (And to pick up our final check!)  Now it is just a matter of waiting for the Wayne County Courts to process the paperwork and send us the finalization.   When Louise came, she also brought with her a picture of Gus' birthfather.  I am so glad that there is at least one picture of him for Gus to have.  I am not sure how much, if any, contact we will ever have with him so it is nice that Gus will at least have a picture some day.  I want to be as prepared as possible for any questions Gus might have someday so I will stash it away for him...but I am glad that we have it.

It just amazes me that at this time last year, I didn't even know that I would be a mom so quickly.  I happened to be playing with Gus in the bathroom mirror.  I glanced up and noticed myself holding Gus.  Just still can't believe it...I am a MOMMA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...