Monday, July 6, 2009

No more cord!!

So those of you who I have spoken to lately know that I am totally freaked out about the umbilical cord that has been attached to my son for the last 18 days. Well, today it finally fell off.

We were getting ready to take Gus to the doctor for his 2 week check up. Joel was in the shower and I took Gus into his room to change his diaper and get him dressed. After changing his diaper I picked him up to lay down the new clothes for the day out under him. When I laid him back down...it was gone!!!! I was wearing a black sundress today and I was very concered that I had an umbilical cord stuck to me. So like any irrational new mom, I started yelling for my husband to come help me. Being the good husband, Joel jumped out of the shower, quickly threw a towel around himself and came to my rescue. But instead of taking this situation to the same serious extent that I did, Joel proceeded to laugh hysterically at me. I told him that nobody was leaving until that cord was found! Luckily Joel found it quickly on the changing pad. And once he did, I proceeded to try to keep my breakfast down. SO GROSSED OUT!!

We only arrived two minutes late to the doctors office. She thought the story was pretty funny as well. I am sure this is one of the many times that my son will gross me out...not sure if I will ever get used to that.

On a fun note- Gus now weighs 9 lbs 11 oz. Exactly a pound more than his birthweight. What a chunky monkey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...