Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was my first mother's day.  It is still so strange to think about.  For the past 4 years, I have spent mother's day in tears wanting so desperately to be a mom.  This year I spent the weekend in tears because I am a mom!!  Some days I still can't believe it is real. 

I received an unexpected message from Gus' birthmom, "J", yesterday.  I am sure that yesterday was a difficult day for her but she made a point to send me a message wishing me a wonderful day and also thanking me.  Can you believe it? Thanking ME??  I'm the one who owes her many thanks....more than words can say.  J sends me a message every holiday and I was unsure how this one would go.  I was pleasantly surprised.  We made it through what I thought would be a tricky and awkward hurdle.  She and I will be forever connected on this day and I will always make sure that Gus' honors her on this day...but it was nice to see that the two of us have a little bit of balance for this day.  I will always be Gus' mom, but his birthmom will always have a part of his life as well.

My parents were in town to babysit Gus while Joel and I chaperoned prom on Saturday night and then stayed to join us for Mother's Day brunch on Sunday.  My boys treated me like a queen!  I received some beautiful cards from family and friends for my first mother's day.  So many people in my life made this such a special day.  But the best parts of the day were the way it began and the way it ended.  I woke up to Gus' squeals and I went to bed after snuggling with him.  Perfection!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...