Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!  I love the the joy and excitement of the season.  I love that people take time to get together for holiday parties.  I love the festive decorations and the billions of lights scattered throughout the neighborhoods.

Growing up, my sister and I would count the number of houses that were decorated while in the car coming home from the different Christmas gatherings.  We had rules for this little tradition of ours.  We could only look out our own side of the car.  You had to count out loud so that we kept track along the way.  Any Christmas decoration counts.  If you could only see the lit Christmas tree inside the house...it would count.  I love this little tradition that she and I have and I cannot even tell you how it started.  To this day we still play when we are together.  I hope to do the same with my kids as a way to entertain ourselves on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...