Friday, January 3, 2014

Before him

Before him I didn't know how much I could love someone.  I didn't know that my heart would jump with joy and break in half and that I would be able to feel both all the way down to my toes!  I didn't know that I could love someone so much that I would think about them constantly and worry about their every move and every breath.

Even as an infant, he would put his hand on mine like this.  LOVE!!


Before him I didn't know that I would agonize over decisions that affect his little world like preschool, daycare, kindergarden....oh my!  That sends me into panic mode just thinking about it!

Before him I didn't know how much fun it would be to play with cars or trucks or anything "boy".  I didn't know that I would laugh at gross boy words like "poop" simply because his laugh was infectious.  (It is not ladylike to talk about bodily functions...but for him I will make an exception.)

Before him I liked to have my space.  Now I will take every hug, snuggle and cuddle that I can get!  Even if these means that he climbs in my bed every night or at some unknown early morning hour and I end up with his feet on me!




Before him I didn't realize how important every tradition was and how I would want to start a bajillion new traditions for our family and how I would want to make every new experience special.

Before him I had no idea what the world of little boys was like.  In a house of girls, everything was pretty and pink when I was growing up.  My world was full of blue when he came around.

Before him I had no idea how much I would love having my little man with me!  I had no idea how much fun little boys were.  I had no idea that he truly would be a dream come true!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...