Tuesday, January 1, 2013

SIMPLIFY

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Clearly I am spending my NYE in the comfort of my own home.  Nice and cozy on the couch with my hubby.  My little man is exhausted and passed out in his bed after an evening of fun with friends.  My little lady is fast asleep in her swing next to me.  2013 is starting out great!!

I have decided that I am not declaring a new year's resolution that will be broken before school is back in session.  Nope.  Instead, I have chosen a word to drive what I do this year.

SIMPLIFY.

(Please stop laughing, mom!)  Anybody who knows me, knows that I tend to over-do things a little bit.  I have an office and a basement and a closet and a computer hard drive that all boarder on hoarding.  I simply can't make one hair piece for Penny...I have to make 15.  I have a lot of stuff in my house for the "what if's" and the "just in cases".  I save multiple drafts of documents I create on my computer.  I have enough linens to outfit a large bed and breakfast. (I really love sheets and pillows and towels!)

In an effort to regain some sanity and to focus on what is really important in life, I have decided that I need to simplify some things in my day to day life.  This will start on the morning of January 1st!  As I do every year, I will watch the Rose Parade (...if the kids allow it.  I am hoping to start instilling the love of this parade in Gus this year) and then during the Rose Bowl, while the kiddos nap, I will pull EVERYTHING out of every cupboard and drawer in the kitchen.  I will purge items that we no longer need and I will re-organize the kitchen to see if we find a better configuration.  I have done this every year since I moved to the east side of Michigan.  I look forward to it!  And even more so not this year because I plan to SIMPLIFY what we have going on in the kitchen this year.

I have heard this before..."Keep It Simple, Stupid" or "K.I.S.S".  I have my own version of that to help keep me focused this year since we don't say "stupid" in this household.  I printed it out to post on my mirror so I see it every day.  Hopefully at some point in 2013 I will be able to report back on how the simplified life is going!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...