Sunday, September 11, 2011

Everything to Me


Tonight, on Facebook, I saw that a friend attended a Mark Schultz concert.  This reminded me of my favorite song of his....and for obvious reason...it is about adoption!  We were shown this video at one of our adoption meetings and it still hits me like a ton of bricks.  Just listen to the words....brings tears to my eyes every time.

I hope and pray that we are able to raise our son to have the same level of gratitude for his birth mom that Mark has for his.  I hope that he grows up to be the man that I dream he will be.  Honorable, respectable, kind, compassionate, passionate about life, a man of God, loving husband, devoted father....the list goes on and on and on.  In addition, I hope that everything that we teach him leads him to be very thankful and appreciative of "J" and the choice that she made.  I know that I am extremely thankful for her and the choice that she made.  And the moment I met Gus, I told him that I would make sure that he knew of his roots and that I would answer as many of his questions that I possibly could.  "J" gave me my everything, my beautiful little boy,...and I will make sure that Gus always knows that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...