Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy 2 Year Anniversary My Dear Blog!

Can you believe it?!?!  I have been writing this blog for TWO years!!  I went back to the very beginning at my first post.  Wanna see it?  Click here!  I remember thinking, "Man, I really can't stand everyone asking me about our adoption process.  Still waiting.  Not much to report."  I decided then to start a blog so that I could just tell friends and family to check our blog for the latest news.  Little did I know that I was going to have lots to post soon after that! 

Today I spent a little bit of time looking back on those earlier posts.  And I have been bawling like a baby ever since. I did fine during the first couple posts but it was the third one that got me.  I was fine until I read "Today we met the birthmom of our baby!"  Instant tears.  I remember feeling so excited that I was shaking and so nervous that I was throwing up in the parking lot of the church we met her in while Joel was cool as a cucumber and asleep in the car while his wife was freaking out!  I remember calling my family and friends and trying to tell them through uncontrollable sobbing that I was going to be a momma!  Finding out that you are pregnant and getting to tell people is very exciting....but for those of you out there who have had a long road to parenthood like we did, understand the uncontrolable sobbing because you are excited that it is finally happening.  Something that you have waited so long for and struggled for is finally happening.  I'm pretty sure that everyone that I spoke to could barely understand me....but I didn't care.  I wanted to scream it from the rooftops!  I was going to be a momma!!!  (In case you are wondering...yes, I am still crying as I write this post.)

I continued to read through some of my other posts, some from last year and some along the way this year.  I can't believe how quickly two years have passed.  I wish that I wrote more eloquently and was more diligent about posting on my blog and I hope that people enjoy reading about us (I know, mom...you do.  Thanks for being my #1 reader!)  but I am pretty proud of myself for continuing to write about our crazy family and the life we lead.  I can't wait to see what 2011 brings for Stapes House.  And I can't wait for the day when I get to post about the Stape House growing again.  So stay tuned and see what is in store for us in the future.  THANKS FOR READING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...