Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit...



Augustus John Martin Stapleton was baptized into the Catholic church on November 8th.

I'm not really sure why, but I cry at every baptism...even if I do not know the child being baptized.  (In fact, I am crying right now, just thinking about it.)  I just think that it is so exciting that these children are being welcomed as a member of the church.  It is such a huge day for these little ones and they have no idea!  But as a parent of a child who was just baptized, it hit me that there is an enormous responsiblity placed upon us as parents to be strong role models to our son and to help build his faith.  WOW!  Just amazing!

After the baptism, we went to celebrate at Funtastic.  Lots of food and lots of play time for all of Gus' friends and cousins.  We were so blessed to have so many friends and family there to celebrate Gus' big day!  He is a lucky little boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...